On Sunday 30 October 2016 19:11:53 W. Martinjak wrote:

> Hi Gene,
>
> back again.

> > I am but that station seems be be off the air?  Does it need a good
> > broadcast engineer with a 1st phone in his pocket? ;-)
>
> Yes, something likethat. ;)
>
> Back to the raspi install.
>
> I will send you a link to an archive with files for installing the
> necessary packages per personal mail.
>
> Its easier.

Got it, but its on this machine, not the pi, and I am not convinced there
is an easier way than setting up the sshfs share
to /home/gene/linuxcnc/r_pi_nc_files. But first, since all my sshfs
shares are owned by gene, user 1000 on all machines here, is it
sufficient that I add me to the pi group on the pi? But that didn't seem
to help, so I'll do an adduser gene and add me to the sudoers file.

That worked, I have this machine now mounted at the
r-pi's /sshnet/coyote, and installed mc to copy the packed file with.

> Archive content:
>
>     pkglistfile.txt
>     install-script.sh
>
> and the linuxcnc arm packages.
>
> Put all in a install directory of your preferred name.
>
> cd to this dir.

humm, unpacked it, then exec'd the line below with no apparent lag or
results. But when I looked after the 2nd try, I had a new
subdir "debian-arm"

and it contained this:
install-script.sh                   linuxcnc-doc-es_2.8.0~pre1_all.deb
linuxcnc-uspace_2.8.0~pre1_armhf.deb      pkglistfile.txt
linuxcnc-doc-en_2.8.0~pre1_all.deb  linuxcnc-doc-fr_2.8.0~pre1_all.deb
linuxcnc-uspace-dev_2.8.0~pre1_armhf.deb

So I assume, after cd-ing to debian-arm, I should repeat the script
execution below.

> Then type
>
> sudo install-script.sh pkglistfile.txt >aptget.log 2>apterr.log

which needed ./ in front of the files, and is busy, but silently writing
to the u-sd.  And still is about 5 minutes later.  While hammering on my
net connection. :)  Now, at 10 minutes, the net traffic has nearly
finished, but the green led is on about 99% of the time, with no pattern
to the off blinks. Chips and u-sd are warm but not alarmingly so.
At 25 minutes its still puttering along.  Net traffic fires up again from
time to time.
Its not done, but I just got an X error:

I assume because its gene and not pi at the wheel? I probably need to add
myself to a few group's.

And now I have 2 of those errors.  But 80 minutes on its still going.
Took 86 minutes.

> @ 1st ignore the errors and warnings.
>
> Then
>
> dpkg -i linuxcnc-*
gene@raspberrypi:~/linuxcnc/debian-arm $ sudo dpkg -i linuxcnc-*
Selecting previously unselected package linuxcnc-doc-en.
(Reading database ... 125206 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack linuxcnc-doc-en_2.8.0~pre1_all.deb ...
Unpacking linuxcnc-doc-en (1:2.8.0~pre1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package linuxcnc-doc-es.
Preparing to unpack linuxcnc-doc-es_2.8.0~pre1_all.deb ...
Unpacking linuxcnc-doc-es (1:2.8.0~pre1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package linuxcnc-doc-fr.
Preparing to unpack linuxcnc-doc-fr_2.8.0~pre1_all.deb ...
Unpacking linuxcnc-doc-fr (1:2.8.0~pre1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package linuxcnc-uspace.
Preparing to unpack linuxcnc-uspace_2.8.0~pre1_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking linuxcnc-uspace (1:2.8.0~pre1) ...
Selecting previously unselected package linuxcnc-uspace-dev.
Preparing to unpack linuxcnc-uspace-dev_2.8.0~pre1_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking linuxcnc-uspace-dev (1:2.8.0~pre1) ...
Setting up linuxcnc-doc-en (1:2.8.0~pre1) ...
Setting up linuxcnc-doc-es (1:2.8.0~pre1) ...
Setting up linuxcnc-doc-fr (1:2.8.0~pre1) ...
Setting up linuxcnc-uspace (1:2.8.0~pre1) ...
Processing triggers for shared-mime-info (1.3-1) ...
Setting up linuxcnc-uspace-dev (1:2.8.0~pre1) ...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.58) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.7.0.2-5) ...
Processing triggers for systemd (215-17+deb8u5) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-18+deb8u6) ...

>From apterr.log:
E: Unable to locate package linux-firmware-image-rpi-rt
E: Unable to locate package linux-headers-rpi2-rt
E: Unable to locate package linux-image-rpi2-rt

And from aptget.log:
Begin freedesktop install...
Install icon: 32x32
xdg-icon-resource: No writable system icon directory found.
xdg-icon-resource: No writable system icon directory found.
Install icon: 48x48
xdg-icon-resource: No writable system icon directory found.
xdg-icon-resource: No writable system icon directory found.
Install icon: 64x64
xdg-icon-resource: No writable system icon directory found.
xdg-icon-resource: No writable system icon directory found.
Install icon: 128x128
xdg-icon-resource: No writable system icon directory found.
xdg-icon-resource: No writable system icon directory found.
Install icon: 256x256
xdg-icon-resource: No writable system icon directory found.
xdg-icon-resource: No writable system icon directory found.
Install mime type
Install menu items
xdg-desktop-menu: No writable system menu directory found.
Done!

Apache2 did a lot of fussing about no such file or directory.

So lets see if it will run the uspace version, yup, and lathe_pawn.ngc
runs.  Slow though.  Very slow, pgm says F50 ipm, sim is moving less
than 2 ipm.0

But I'd imagine that is fixable, the point is, its running.

Thank you very much.

> Now check the errors if there are fatals. :)

See above. I copy/pasted them from the login terminal.

> And then tell me please how did it go.
>
> I wish you fun again,

I believe making it run 1500 lbs of an 11x36 Sheldon _is_ going to be
fun.  And I expect some of my questions may be dumb.  This is 100% new
dirt I am walking on with this.

Thanks again.