On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 09:23:00AM +0800, Jan Bos wrote:

> Do I need to add a 'home' sensor or a 'pocket 1' sensor?

Yes!  You will never regret fixing hardware so it's not stupid.

I did this on my vmc's tool changer - I moved a prox to give a home
and quadrature signal instead of the stupid original configuration
that would let the original control load the wrong tool if the
contactor stuck for a smidgen of a second - it has worked perfectly
since.

When you are retrofitting do not be ashamed to make the machine work
better than it did originally :-)