On Friday 02 December 2016 05:40:38 W. Martinjak wrote:

> On 2016-12-02 04:29, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > I am not so sure that I am 'test'ing your driver. The currently
> > runing image is from 2016-09-23-raspbian-jessie.img, which is a bit
> > north of 4.3GB when unpacked and written to the u-SD card by
>
> And how do you drive the 7i90?
> Which DRIVER do you load in the [HOSTMOT2] section of your ini file?
[HOSTMOT2]
DRIVER=hm2_rpspi
BOARD=7i90
CONFIG="num_encoders=1 num_pwmgens=1 num_stepgens=2"

And I have set a policy that stuff I add using a gpio, will be added from
the top down. I am just now wiring up the stuff above. But with colder
weather setting in, I am going to have to skid it in into the garage
another foot to get working room behind it to do that wireing with that
super insulated door closed.  From the above, it looks as if I am using
your driver.  Does it replace the spi drivers I am preloading?

In any event, I haven't had the spi do any miss-cues that I know about
yet. The biggest problem has been the bridging jumpers, the metal in the
contacts is very poor and I am considering using an old ide cable for
the pi end, and terminating the needed wires one by one in in the
correct width of connector for the 7i90, just to get decent gold flashed
and springy metal into the contacts. The male to male jumpers I
purchased turn out to be some sort of grey metal whose springyness
resembles pure lead.  Any rotation on the square post opens up the
contact to zero pressure and requires ejecting the contact and rebending
is for much more spring pressure. I have the same problem with the
7i90's i/o.

Buying those jumpers with quality gold flashed, good spring pressure
contacts cannot be done on fleabay, I've spent hours looking, and they
are ALL the same junk. At about the same price.