On Thursday 22 December 2016 08:56:17 W. Martinjak wrote:

> On 2016-12-22 13:44, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > it still fails and that logfile is attached. The loadrt line is
> > complete with config= argument. I'll take that back out. No diff,
> > not even in the logfile.
>
> Gene,
>
> please reset only the 7i90 (disconnect and reconnect from power) and
> then retry the linuxcnc command.

Why? I can go directly from the lcnc failure to halrun,
and loadrt hostmot2, then hm2_rpspi, with or without the config string,
which it obeys if I give it, and it works perfectly.  And it has been
powerdown reset at least 4 times in the last 24 hours.

Those halrun/halcmd traces have been posted here quite a few times,
proving that it works, but I can put that exact commandline in the hal
file and it fails in exactly the same manner as I have repeated posted.
So I shouldn't abuse the list with any more if them.