On Thursday 22 December 2016 14:17:40 Nicklas Karlsson wrote:

> > > To run ". rip-environment" at the prompt and also run glade from
> > > same prompt after rip-environment was the trick.
> > >
> > > Now it works, already toggled my first hardware pin and build a
> > > user interface should be a simple task or in some cases very
> > > simple.
> >
> > Sounds good, except rip-environment can't be found.  It doesn't
> > exist on the pi, nor does it exist on any of my machines.
> >
> > Where can I get it, for a raspi?
>
> It in the "scripts" folder.
> . linuxcnc-root/scripts/rip-environment
>
> Observe the dot with a space after, it is needed.

I got that, but I'm still configuring a fresh sd card, and Michael's site
at deb.machinekit.io is DIW.  No response to a ping.  So I've done the
dist-upgrade, but don't even think about letting it install a new
lightdm.conf, it totally wrecks the uses interface.

So at this point, I do not have a ~/linuxcnc subdir. So I've puttered
around with the power wiring, and of course Murphy is looking over my
shoulder, one of the metal fittings on the side of a 4x4 box 2 frames
deep hit the switched post on the power switch, so when I fastened the
cover, plugged it into the wall and flipped the switch, fire rolled out
of the box and the breaker went down. So the cover is off again, and I
found Murphy's second gotcha, the spindle motor is running
bass-ackwards.  Getting to it in the vfd is difficult but theres a 4
square box in front of it that I can put a couple wire nuts in. :)

It was sorta creepy, I'd put it in backgear, and set the vfd to 30 HZ,
and the chuck is awfully close to dead silent, turning in reverse at
about 30 rpm.  Thats the first time that motor has actually turned the
spindle.

I need to go get the missus her daily crosswords in the local fishwrap,
and I need to hit Lowes for a 3rd spacer frame for a 4 square, and maybe
a few more of the blue plastic fittings for that corrugated plastic
conduit.

So I'll check in later to see if Michael H. has applied some mouth to
mouth to his web site. :)