Hello to all!

I'm in the process of designing and planning a system to rapid
heating/cooling a mold for plastic injection. The project is still in the
board so I think it's a good time to ask help from you guys.

I'm trying to make the system as simple as possible so I'll tell you what I
have in mind and what are my doubts and concerns. So here it is:

A high pressure vessell with resistors is what I'm planning to have as an
accumulator and heating device. (The vessel should have pressure relief
valves and maybe a rupture disc). The idea is to reach 1000 PSI (to avoid
water to start boiling) and 280°C. From what I've been reading the best
pump for this cases is a gear pump because it can handle better the thermal
dilatation of the components.

My main concern is, at the inlet of the pump the pressure is going to be
1000 PSI, and I have only worked with pumps at atmospheric pressure at the
inlet side. Is this going to be a problem? The differential pressure at the
output is intended to be 50 or 100 PSI more than at the inlet just to make
the water flow through the mold and return to the vessel. There are going
to be valves to switch between cool and hot water.

Also I may need to consider using special materials on the pump because of
the corrosion, or may be some additives in the water, but my main concern
is the rough construction of the system. I'm attaching a little diagram
with my idea just to start and discuse if it's doable or not. Needless to
say I'm going to take every safety measure possible with this kind of
system.

I would be thankful if you can guide me or tell me if this is too
complicated and dangerous to even give it a try.

Thanks as always!
--
*Leonardo Marsaglia*.