On 02/16/2017 03:37 AM, Valerio Bellizzomi wrote:
... snip
> the VFD is a Toshiba VFS15-4037PL-W, it has a Forward input, a Reverse
> input, and a current speed input (and alternatively a 0-10V input).
> There isn't an enable input. I do not need the reverse so it should be
> two parallel pins, one for forward and one for speed.
... snip

I found a manual here:
https://inverterdrive.com/file/Toshiba-VFS15-User-Manual

I usually first check the overview graphic which seems to be on page
B-4. I see the F terminal which could just be shorted to common to
activate it. The speed potentiometer is shown too. PWM could simulate
that. I also see theRS485 connector. I did a search in the document for
"485" and found page C-4, which shows some control options; terminal
(relay), keypad, RS485 (Modbus?), CAN (cool), communication(what the
heck?). Just below are some speed setting options. This should be a nice
VFD.

A little farther down from B-4 are the I/O circuit options. Looking at
the F entry, it basically says shorting the F terminal to CC will start
forward rotation. You can use a parallel port pin to control a small
solid state relay or opto-isolator. It just needs to tolerate 24 Volts
on the output.

It looks like the VIA (voltage, input, analog?) is a speed input. The
same parallel port pin to solid state relay or opto-isolator as F above
may be used, except it only needs 10 Volt tolerence. Terminal PP is the
10 Volt source (CC common isn't needed, most likely). The signal from
the parallel port pin should use PWM or PDM.

If you have a BOB (Break Out Board), post a make/model and/or picture or
other information. It may be useful for the above connections.

It looks like page D-3 is a good place to start VFD programing.

The above may be wrong or missing some information, so study the manual
and decide for yourself what to do. I would get a mains input noise
filter right of the bat, so you don't have to chase down weird issues
while trying to learn how to use your VFD. Hmm... It looks like your VFD
already has a built-in noise filter.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/