I've torn into a few different newer smart phone to replace the batteries.
Check out Ebay - just about every phone battery made is available from
multiple sources.   Some are good, some are junk.

The LG Nexus 5X is a good example.  Although it is suppose to not have a
replaceable battery, the method of replacing the battery is all over
Youtube.    OEM and Chinese clone batteries are widely available.   If
you can hack CNC stuff, you should be able to replace a phone battery.

They aren't that hard to service.
However the Iphones are known to be difficult.   Still, the Iphone
repair guys are human as well.....

The tough ones are the ones that used a lot of glue to hold the phone
together.   The Nexus 5 was such a phone.  But even that one can be
changed.

The best thing to do is to get on Youtube and watch it being done....

Just avoid the desire to jab the lithium battery with a screw driver!  ;-)

BTW, guitar picks make great phone case crackers and they won't puncture
the battery.

LCD screens in laptops are the same way.  Once you have done one they
all seem the same.   My extended family is really good at breaking
laptop screens so I get a lot of practice.

Dave