On 20 February 2017 at 03:37, Dave Cole <linuxcncro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> They aren't that hard to service.
> However the Iphones are known to be difficult.   Still, the Iphone
> repair guys are human as well.....

I work on the principle that anything that can be made by humans can
be made by me, given enough time and money.
Then I decide on whether I want to invest the time and money into the problem.

iPhone battery replacement is not especially difficult, I have done it
a couple of times.

I have been hacking Apple kit for years. Back in 1995 I re-clocked my
Mac LC475 by swapping some tiny SMT resistors on the motherboard, and
I upgraded the graphics card on my G4 Cube. That involved moving some
of the taller components on the PSU board to the opposite side of the
board.
You just have to be brave enough to try, much of the time.

--
atp
lunatics."