On Thursday 23 February 2017 08:20:54 andy pugh wrote:

> On 22 February 2017 at 19:35, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
> > Not that I am aware of but its not magic, the basic jessie install
> > is the first step, then the rtai kernel is next

> > Linux raspberrypi 4.4.4-rt9-v7+ #7 SMP PREEMPT RT Mon Mar 7 14:53:11
> > UTC 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux
>
> Just to clarify, that is not an RTAI kernel, that it a mainline
> PREEMPT-RT kernel.

With the 7i90 handling the the actual machines motion hardware, it
appears the preempt-rt is more than sufficient to run lcnc.  The rest of
the pi runs pretty normal whn lcnc is running. FWIW, its 11 days uptime
and 11 megs into swap at the moment. Doing a swapoff -a didn't kill any
of the 78 tasks. But 2 Gb of memory sure would be helpfull.  One does
tend to be aware that a firefox session can be 300 megabytes on a
machine so limited on ram.