On 03/02/2017 05:28 AM, andy pugh wrote:
> On 2 March 2017 at 01:39, Greg Bentzinger <skullwo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Using LCNC for the stand alone control seems like using a nuke to blow up an
>> ant hill.
> It might be expedient to just buy:
> http://divisionmaster.co.uk/divisionmaster.html
>
>>   I was wondering if LCNC could be configured to drive steppers in velocity
>> mode using a feedback signal split off from the machines DRO scales to
>> provide near functionality.

Or, you could use a Beagle Bone running the machinekit
version of LinuxCNC.  Quite small, not terribly expensive,
and generates the step pulses right out of I/O pins.  If the
step motor doesn't need too much current, you could use our
CRAMPS board to drive the stepper, too.  You could use an
LCD, keyboard and mouse, or connect to it via any system
with a browser.

Jon