Greetings all;

1) With a usb extension cable between the radio buttons on the hub, I was
able to collect around 200 megabytes of noise withe usbmon directed to a
file.  Moved the radio buttons for both keyboard and mouse from the
extension and hub, to plugged into the pi, did not check mouse range,
but with the pi mounted on the door of the box, and the door open, I
suspect the keyboard signal was probably bouncing off the closed garage
door to get from the keyboard to the button.  However at 26 or so air
feet, the keyboard still worked quite well.  I didn't check the mouse
range as the pointer is too small to see at that range.

2) watching usb, you see EVERYTHING since the ethernet port is
effectively a plugged in usb to ethernet adaptor, so mixed in with the
keyboard and mouse noise, you also see the every few seconds cups
updating its available printers database. In plain text even.

3) jog-inputs are apparently not subject the the max speed slider. I
found this out when I had the jog increment or jog-step-size set for 20
thousandths. I could easily over run the axis, but that gave the slow
display time to tell me it was moving at 105 IPM once it had reached
cruise velocity, while the slider was set at 36. And of course at the
first bat of a gnats eyelash, it stalled as thats faster that it can do
w/o stalling. This I consider is a bug. But can it be fixed easily?

Or am I configured wrong to start with?

Yes, I see if I convert those figures to inches, I have many times the
steady state run velocity the axis is capable of programmed into Z, and
probably X too but x is busy clamping a felt wiper in place on the rear
of the crossfeed carriage, for a few hours yet so its not been checked
for non-compliance.

I know Z can run pretty reliably at 90 ipm, so I'll set that as MAX_VEL
to 1.5 in joint1, and scale trajectory down to 45 ipm since I am using
some backlash comp.

Progress. Back later.

Thankls all;