On 04/07/2017 10:29 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> What I want, but don't know if I can get, is to have the
> servo thread running at the highest priority, fully
> capable of interrupting the jog-thread, but the jog-thread
> cannot interrupt the servo thread as its not that time
> critical. How best to do that, given the tools available?
> Thanks Peter and everybody. Cheers, Gene Heskett
Faster threads will, in theory, interrupt slower threads.
But, the way RTAPI threads are set up, at least with RTAI,
the slower threads will be forced to run at multiples of the
faster thread period. Therefore, I think, the slower threads
will actually never get interrupted.  I think they will just
get tacked onto the end after the faster thread runs.

Jon