Greetings Peter;

1) This config I started out with has a watchdog.reset as a separate
addf'd function which I suspect is in the leftovers that are now past
their use-by date column.  Can I nuke that addf entry?

2) I'm not that familiar with threads when they are added, slower than
servo threads.

So, can I move the final write to the 7i90 to the end of that string of
servo-thread addf's, and treat the other slower thread for my jog wheel
thread stuff as independent of the servo-thread list?

I feel like I have created a monster by having the jog-thread stuff
inside the servo-thread addf list in my hal file. But I don't know for
sure because man 9 threads manpage doesn't illuminate how thats handled.
It says "hard real time" and one interpretation sets off alarm bells in
my alleged mind because that implies it might fight with the
servo-thread enough to cause the joint errors at random times. The
threads module makes no mention of priority order, and I am using just
one, slower than servo thread additional thread.  And I would like to
think the jog-thread only executes between servo-thread invocations.

So can anyone shed some light on this admittedly unusual situation?

Thanks Peter and all.