Todd,

Not that it is a solution, but there is actually some long dormant code
doing much of what you request; see this folder:
https://github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/tree/master/src/emc/usr_intf

Specifically emcsched and schedrmt, where emcsched is the scheduler and
schedrmt is a telnet like interface patterned after that used by linuxcncrsh
(see usage at top of schedrmt.cc).

I wrote this years ago when working on an application to deal with large
numbers of very small parts (jewelrey). That project ended up getting
abandoned, so I never ended up implementing the GUI side of the scheduler.

Note: Running multiple instances of the same job would simply require
multiple entries in the job queue.

Regards,
Eric

How hard would it be to add this feature to Linuxcnc or one of it's GUIs? Or
maybe this would need to be a whole new GUI?

What I am interested in is a "Job Que". Where you would create a list of
"Jobs", each "Job" would consist of the file to be ran, and how many runs of
that file to do. The GUI would need to keep track of how many times the job
file was executed, then move to the next job in the que when the specified
number of runs is compleated. Other nice features would be the ability user
to increment the number of runs completed up or down if say, a file run had
to be repeated because of a bad run, or to cancel or rerun a job if need be.

Todd Zuercher
mailto:zuerc...@embarqmail.com