Thanks a lot for the links ... so your robot is mobile robot ... actually I
work on 4 scara that make pik&place working over a running belt .. I use master
Lcnc for control robot and opencv3 for targhet ... so qt interface manage the
data and send to scara. Pik&place working it have max velocity at 110mt/min, so
opencv work on i7 + opencl ... actually data on Lcnc is receive from user comp
fast rtu modbus but these is limited way to do these things ... so realtime
ethernet may be an alternative. I use ultrasonc sensor too as no-impact system
.... but an alghorith is a better solution ... need cartesian position of 4
robot (realtime) and resend permitted / not-permitted position .... on
kinematis is quite simply stop the mouvement without break the buffered
planning of motion .... not shure realtime ethernet is fast enought for make
these type of work .... (bring 4 vector3d data 100-500usec + 100-500usec for
computing + 100-500usec for send data ..... may be the transmission worck x10
too slow).

Alghoritm is on progress ....

About your great work, I think I study these things ... very nice.

regards

giorgio