On 10.06.17 12:26, Cristian Bontas wrote:
> Got one too.
> But if fake, I don't really get its purpose.
> The link seems legit, and the sourceforge.net certificates are valid. There
> doesn't seem to be any URL trick, either.
> So how would a third party benefit from my subscription reconfirmation?
>
> Any ideas?

The spam came directly from amazonses to my ISP, without going anywhere
near sourceforge:

ipmailmx06.adl6.internode.on.net with ESMTP; 09 Jun 2017 11:40:00 +0930

Given that some belief has been expressed that sourceforge's owner might
be using a subsidiary to threaten its user base, someone might like to
query the support address given in the mail:

That appears to be quite legit. But faking the From address makes it
dishonest spam, I figure, as has also been detected by my ISP:

return path=1.1, 'remove' URL contains an email address=1.4

No matter how fine the link and support reply address look, it was
delivered in a dishonest contaminated envelope. And the moronically
highhanded unsubscribing threat does generally not occur in reality.

Erik