On Mon, 12 Jun 2017, Gene Heskett wrote:

Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 12:07:15 -0400
From: Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Emc-users] Question for Peter C. Wallace

Hello Peter;

I have a problem trying to run linuxcnc on a pi 3b.

I think it could be solved if somehow, I could generate a
watchdog.has_bit=false coincident with enabling the machine, but hals
parser refuses to allow even a tristate_bit module to access and reset
the watchdog.

Have you a hal snippet that will do that?

Thank you.

Cheers, Gene Heskett

I dont see any issue with clearing WD has bit:

 halcmd net clearwd hm2_7i92.0.watchdog.has_bit
 halcmd setp hm2_7i92.0.watchdog.timeout_ns 1000000 (this causes a WD bite)
 halcmd setp hm2_7i92.0.watchdog.timeout_ns 2000000 (back to a value that wont
bite)
 halcmd sets clearwd false  (this clears the WD)

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)