On 06/12/2017 08:02 PM, Nicklas Karlsson wrote:
> Do the real time threads work well on a raspberry?

Lets just say that we're not that far yet...

>From what I can tell, the initial start of linuxcnc results in a few
missed deadlines in the main task. But once all code is cached, it seems
to be fast enough. But time will tell.

The realtime kernels I've compiled so far are unstable and crash
randomly (kernel issues). So we're trying to get it running on a non-rt
kernel first. If that somehow works without crashing, then we can
concentrate on the kernel issues. I've a message about a stable kernel
from MK, but it needs to be seen if it has responsive mouse/keyboard,
which has been another issue.

--
Greetings Bertho

(disclaimers are disclaimed)