On 06/20/2017 02:50 AM, Erik Christiansen wrote:
Incidentally, I've found that the Postscript printer language is sorta almost like gcode on steroids. Fighting with a GUI drawing package gives me chest pains, without producing useful output, so I've just finished drawing floorplans, elevations, sections, and started the site plan for a new build, with all text input. (800 lines for 8 engineering drawings for submission to the local council.)
Don Lancaster wrote a couple books on PostScript. One is "A PostScript Cookbook". Maybe the other was actually a series of magazine articles, "PostScript as a programming language". Very useful stuff to know.

I do some mechanical drawings in my PC board design package. Mostly, because I know it very well.

Jon