Electrically you need a way to get this signal on a pin.

Past that, it well within the capabilities of the HAL to code up that this pin reading "TRUE" is a condition for running. It will not matter if "TRUE" is high or low.

The HAL can be used to integrate this signal, in like a dozen different ways. It will only require like <5 lines.

Danny