For my future project (cnc router) I will have to use helical rack and pinion
system on two longer axis (2 and 3.5m). There are some designs where pinion is
forced against rack with spring tensioner, on the other side, if I follow
Atlanta's installation manual for their system, they forbid tensioning pinion
against rack as it would cause  wear and tear or rupture of teeth (they suggest
pre-load pinion shaft).

In my case this will be used for woodworking cnc router, so I'm not looking for
very high precision, but anyway if there is anyone heaving experience with this
would be nice to hear.

Example of tensioned pinion:

https://www.google.si/search?q=rack+pinion+cnc&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi8g8ziqrPVAhVE6xoKHf02A3gQ_AUICigB&biw=1536&bih=735#imgrc=Yrj6s6vvjL--WM: