Look up the Dollo 3D printer. All the files are free to download. It includes pieces of herringbone rack and matching gears. Could have some examples printed then make molds and cast in high strength resin. Could also use the 3D files to 3D mill steel racks and gears.

------ Original Message ------
From: "andy pugh" <bodge...@gmail.com>
To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: 7/31/2017 5:53:04 AM
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Rack and pinion - tension or not

On 31 July 2017 at 12:13, Tomaz T. <tomaz_...@hotmail.com> wrote:
For my future project (cnc router) I will have to use helical rack and pinion system on two longer axis (2 and 3.5m). There are some designs where pinion is forced against rack with spring tensioner

It ocurred to me a while ago that if using a double-helical rack and
pinion then you can achieve zero backlash with an axial displacement
of the pinion/gear relative to the rack.
I don't know if anyone has ever done that.