From: "Kirk Wallace" <kwall...@wallacecompany.com>
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2017 9:54:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Fwd: Way OT: Heater Wire

On 07/31/2017 04:04 PM, Dave Cole wrote:
> That Scout probably has that half a V8 engine..  its a slant 4 engine
> with about 200 cu inches?
> I believe that was made not too far from my house in Fort Wayne, IN.
> I almost bought one of those back in the late 70's.
> They rusted like crazy in the midwest.  Rust prevention was an after
> thought back then.
> There are still a few of those running around here.
> I'd ditch that device.   Otherwise you will be rebuilding it again.
>
> Dave

Part of my thinking is that what's the point of having an old car if one
upgrades all of the parts. The owner prefers using the upgrade, but I
thought if I could figure out the restoration issues without too much
trouble it might be fun to restore the CVR and have the option. To
totally upgrade the CVR it might be fun to use something like a Teensy
to simulate the old one.

This IH Scout has a V8, but I don't know any of the particulars. I'll
ask the owner what kind it is and maybe link some pictures if that is
alright.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/