I have one more question which possibly relates to this motherboard and the
Live LinuxCNC:
linuxcnc-2.7-wheezy.iso

Is it just the on board video or is it a general problem with Debian LXDE
desktop?  I've seen complaints on the Pi Forums from a year ago on desktop
size.  There are lots of other hits where people are complaining but not
much in the way of solutions.

An example is here:
http://www.autoartisans.com/cnc/LXDE_BigDesktop.jpg

The monitor appears to be a window into a much larger desktop.  I've seen
this on the Beagle when I put a 1080P monitor on it.  The GEAR graphic is
round.  On a smaller monitor where it's been squeezed onto the monitor it's
no longer round.  Same with the swirly thing that is part of the default
background.  Round on this LinuxCNC install.  Round on the Beagle with 1080P
but oval with the Beagle on a smaller monitor.  The Beagle Linux appears to
work as expected.

In the above screen grab example you can see the drop down menu is off the
screen as is half the file system explorer.  I've fixed the panel so it's
narrower by setting it to 95% and there's the rub so to speak.  If 95% makes
it just a bit narrower then clearly the system must know how much is visible
but the desktop itself appears to be 1920 wide with a height of 1080.

After much searching I found a number of explanations on how to change this
and none of them worked.  Either the programs weren't there or they didn't
really address what seems to be a simple problem.

How do I tell the system that I want the desktop to be the same size as the
monitor?

When I run LinuxCNC  Config Picker and then run say the parallel port Inch
Version the AXIS window doesn't fit.  The bottom is below the screen.  So it
must think it's on a bigger desktop too?

Is this a Motherboard Video controller issue with Linux thinking it's a
bigger screen or is it configuration issue?

Thanks
John

LXDE