On Tuesday 17 October 2017 11:01:29 Gene Heskett wrote:

> Greetings everybody;
>
> It occurred to me later last night, that these following errors
> absolutely have to be bus or card failure related.  The LCNC system
> has no feedback from the motors, only from the 5i25. So as long as
> thats working, I ought to be able to jog an axis at a reasonable speed
> until it thinks its run into a software set limit and do it without
> any following errors as long as the card is reporting back to LCNC
> that it has moved the motor by however far it was commanded to move.
>
> Ok, so test. I also have another Dell of that same vintage but a
> slower p4 cpu.  And while I use it mainly for programming the 5i25's,
> it does have linuxcnc installed.  So it could serve as a test mule.
> Stay tuned.
>
> Sometimes my one track mind can't see the trees for all the forest. :(
>
> An even newer patch for rt kernels was released on the linux-rt list
> this morning, so I have the rock64 building that, 4.11.12-rt16.  I'll
> test that when I figure out how the rock64 selects it versions to
> boot, its not clear to me yet. ATM its running the issue stretch
> kernel.
>
> So many irons, so little fire...
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Update, with one of the missbehaving 5i25's in this slower Dell it ran a
couple of my old configs for TLM without a hiccup.

So I did a temporary sshfs hookup and copied the complete
config/GO704fast directory to that machine. Without Jons pwm-servo to
initialize, I had to troll thru the hal file, nuking any references to
the boot module that requires, until it would run with nothing but the
card in the pci slot. About 10 lines commented and one setp added to
duplicate what the commented code did.

The problem came with the config!!!!!!!

So now, nuke the extra stuff in the ini file until it Just Works again.

Back later, hopefully with a finger pointed at the culprit.