On 12/04/2017 10:37 AM, 王若溪 wrote:
I'm writing some auto measurement G-code program using my CNC mill and a
touch probe.
Seems that LinuxCNC doesn't want to stop when the probe is tripped during a
non-probe move if the machine is running a G-code program.
Currently, I'm replacing every non-probe move with G38.3. After it's
execution, signal an error if the current position is not commanded
position (which indicates that the probe was tripped during this move),
continue if current position matches commanded.

Yes, it seems that it only senses the transition from not-tripped to tripped in a non-probe move. This, of course, allows you to jog away from a tripped probe. But, conversely, it allows you to
drive the probe to greater deflection, too!

So, if you accidentally jog something into the probe, the machine does stop, with an error message "probe tripped during jog move" or such. But, then you can just ignore it and break the probe.

But, I am pretty sure that if a G-code program trips the probe with a G01 move, it will also stop. Maybe you should check and see if only G0 moves fail to stop. You can check this safely by manually tripping the probe while far away from anything that would cause damage.

I think the only real answer is to be real careful with manual probe moves, with your finger hovering over
ESC or E-stop.

Jon