On Tuesday 05 December 2017 17:02:53 Ken Strauss wrote:

> [...]

I do not see a need to re-home the machine in that event, thats an
operator judgement call as to whether it needs re-homeing, or it was a
bad move. If the operator can't judge/see the difference, he's obviously
a new bee, needing a chaperone.

> That would be a pain to recover from a
> mistake when jogging.

No argument with that. However, if its ignored, that can be an
educational experience, if not a costly one. I don't have a clue how
many bits of pcb I've smashed just because I'd forgotten to clip to the
contact pad it was being, and ran the g38 on purpose. Its embarrassing
to me, and has been known to damage the jig the pcb pad was on.