On 12/05/2017 03:28 PM, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:

I'm also sympathetic to Jon Elson's opinion that a spurious probe trip is essentially a misconfigured/glitchy machine, and it's the user's job to fix it somehow (possibly using some HAL logic to control the signal that Christian proposed).

So I propose this:

* Define a "probe trip" to be a positive edge on the motion.probe-input pin.

* A probe trip during G38 (ie, when motion.motion-type == 5) is handled just like now.

* A probe trip at any other time causes E-stop.

Well, an abort is probably less troublesome than an E-stop. In some systems, an E-stop is not so easy to recover from. Right now, I think 2.7.x does an abort, and that has been fine. Or, am I running 2.6.x, I forget...

Jon