If you want to use a hal command, like sets or setp, in a g-code file; I think
you will have to put it in a custom m-code or something like that.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene Heskett" <ghesk...@shentel.net>
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 8:18:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] primary camera buttons problem now

On Monday 11 December 2017 07:30:37 andy pugh wrote:

> On 11 December 2017 at 07:49, Marcus Bowman
>
> <marcus.bow...@visible.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
> > Does that last line need paraentheses? Sorry; I'm not familiar with
> > the 'sets' command,
>
> There is no "sets" command in G-code, so that is almost certainly the
> problem. Gene: Was that meant to be a comment, or is it an attempt to
> set a HAL pin from G-code?

Something like that Andy. I have the signalname defined in a net
statement in postgui.hal, and was just using it to test leds as I added
them to pyvcp's xml file. But this seems independant from its refusal to
execute the first of a halui MDI_COMMAND = _newcamsw.ngc which generated
this post/thread.

identical syntax for the next 7 MDI_COMMAND's defined in the ini file
works just fine according to (msg,text) embeded in the other 7
subroutines.

So I'm running on empty, and need more sleep. I got back up at 4am, and
went back to work on some pyvcp changes, and its now 7:45 my time. Time
to make some coffee and see what Dee wants for breakfast before I go
catch a few winks yet.

Thanks Andy.