On Sat, 16 Dec 2017 11:47:52 -0500
Dave Cole <linuxcncro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >>I used Twincat3 but have no idea what it does to scan the network and then
> >>connected to switch Wireshark do no spot any Ethercat packets.
>
> That is really odd.  It seems to me that it would be really helpful to
> be able to see TwinCat initialize the secondary via Ethernet if you can
> grab the packets via Wireshark.
>
> Dave

According to Microchip document AN1290 "Microchip LAN9252 EEPROM Configuration
and Programming" It seems Slave Stack Code Tool is needed but this is only
available for members. I asked for membership but they required a company
website to get membership and I could fix this but it takes time.

If I know the protocol for programming EEPROM via Ethernet maybe I could do it
myself. Other option is to program EEPROM from micro controller via I2C or
simply configure micro controller as a slave so LAN9252 could read
configuration from micro controller.

Nicklas Karlsson