> On Jan 13, 2018, at 6:47 PM, andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 14 January 2018 at 00:27, <tom-...@bgp.nu> wrote:
>>
>> But, as can be seen in the image below, the various retraction paths (in
>> blue) are not along a single driveline.  Why is that?
>

> I believe that this is to that every pass is the same shape, so ensure that
> everything is the same.
> I am not sure that this makes any sense, given that the motion stops and
> waits for the index.
> (In fact I am not 100% certain that it does always stop, I think I might
> have seen it start a path before stopping, and making a slightly
> out-of-position cut when the index happens at just the right point)

Why would it be important that the passes have the same shape?  What is
important is that the tool goes in and comes out in a known, controllable
location so you don’t hit the backside of your tool or take the tops off your
threads.  I don’t know if it always stops but it better wait for index
otherwise it isn’t spindle synchronized!

Your last sentence describes a bug doesn’t it?
-Tom