On 18 Feb 2018, at 23:53, Chris Albertson wrote:
> So I need to select a belt type and size.   My initial guess at this a the
> GT2, 3mm pitch and 9mm wide.

I am planning to renew my belts after some 13 years fairly heavy use
(ballscrews now worn), so I too have been pondering this problem.
The SDP/SI site at
http://www.sdp-si.com/products/details/timing-belt-detail.php#gt2
 tells me that:

The PowerGrip GT3 Belt Drive System is the newest design and offers additional
benefits over GT2. The improved construction and material compound provides
superior load bearing capacity. The GT2 Belts are being phased out and replaced
by the new GT3 Belt Drive System

Marcus