On 03/06/2018 10:05 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

It appears that its well nigh impossible to get a firm enough grip on a
tap shank, and on the smooth, unkeyed TTS ER-32 holder, to reliably lock
a tap for rigid tapping.  I've considered buying ER-32's with square
sockets, but for >8mm taps, the TTS adapter/holder will spin in the R8.

There are tap chucks that have a round shank, and will fit in collets or end mill holders. You can also take the handle out and use a standard tap handle in a collet or big Jacobs chuck, although come of them are not centered well.

I do rigid tapping with small taps, but have gone up to 10-32 without slipping.

Jon