I can confirm that theres some kind of 7I43 driver bug with 2.7.12
thats
not present wih 2.7.11. It does seem like the driver loads the firmware and probes the card normally but then appears to search for another card

I though it might be something to do with the default address but I could not get the ioaddr=0xNNNN token to work with either 2.7.11 or 2.7.12

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

Hi Peter,

I use the ioaddr= facility since I have 2 machines connected to one PC. The dmesg output for the add-on parport card shows:

[ 9.716269] PCI parallel port detected: 1409:7268, I/O at 0xef00(0xee00), IRQ 16
[    9.716313] parport1: PC-style at 0xef00 (0xee00), irq 16

And in my HAL I have:

loadrt hostmot2
loadrt [HOSTMOT2](DRIVER) config=[HOSTMOT2](CONFIG) ioaddr=0xef00 epp_wide=0

Interestingly if I change the epp_wide to 1, I get two messages:

7i43_hm2: reading cookie with epp_wide failed, falling back to byte transfer
7i43_hm2: successfully read cookie after selecting byte tranfers

I'm running 2.7.12 of LinuxCNC.

Thanks and Regards,

Paul.

IRC - pjm @ #hearsat on irc.starchat.net

Correspondents should note that all communications to this address
are automatically logged, monitored and/or recorded for lawful
or other purposes.

Skype: M0EYT_Paul