I'm looking at getting one of those 2.2kW air or water cooled spindles +
VFD kits out there for a router.
I'm not worried about the noise difference between the two types.

Has anyone taken apart a water cooled spindle?
How are they doing the cooling? Is it a water jacket or just some copper
tubing inside?
How likely is it to leak in a few months time?
I can only find one video describing leaks and water related shorts etc.
(so they must be good?)

I actually prefer the idea of using air-cooled and making ducting to take
the exhaust away from the spindle nose. Make a closed loop fan-assisted air
duct.
The irony is that I want to use flood cooling on the work. (composite
material)  So it won't be a dry environment.

Regards
Roland