There are quite a few videos on youTube showing simple wire feed mechanisms
using an Arduino as a controller. Searching for 'wire cutter Arduino' gives a
list. You may get some good ideas there, for simple feeding mechanisms. Whether
you need an Arduino is another matter, but the mechanics are all there.

Marcus