On Tue, Aug 14, 2018, 3:28 AM andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 14 August 2018 at 02:52, jeremy youngs <jcyoung...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Now it gives this
>
> The error is "setp needs 2 arguments, only one given" and tells you
> that the problem is on line 15 in qi.hal
>
> Line 15 in qi.hal says "setp hm2_7i90.0.pwmgen.00.scale"
> But has no value provided to set the scale to.
>
> Is this directly proportional ? I.e a value of 1 is 1% duty cycle max , 99
> would be 99% and 100 = 100?

I ask this also because my h-bridge ( driving x,y,z all need 99% max as
they are charge pumped) and can this scale be set at each axis ?

Also , if I cd linuxcnc , servo Matson ( machine name ) will that load the
hostmot2 7i90 configuration? Then I can look at the hm2/7i90 pins to
properly net them . I took the 7i90 lines from the original servo Matson
Hal file , so they would be on the same pins as my 7i90 is set up for ( the
pwm and enable pin) will I have to change the pin definition of the enable
bit to pwmgen and will it need an address different than pwmgen 02? Pwmgen
02 is net to A-out and it seems ok with that .I assigned a value to scale
and it then balked at line 18 needs 2 arguments , the issue for me is I
don't know which hm2 7i90 pin to net to b-value I have changed a/b out back
to their original syntax of value , it was ok with the a-value assignment
but did not like the b-value assignment to the enable pin .