On 31/8/18 8:07 am, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Thursday 30 August 2018 16:23:05 Gene Heskett wrote:

On Thursday 30 August 2018 15:52:26 andy pugh wrote:
On Thu, 30 Aug 2018 at 20:27, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net>
wrote:
net bedwear5    <=      offset.0.fb-out         => joint.0.pos-fb
X-axis-track.in

LinuxCNC -l fired up from a terminal, and this is logged as it
quits: ./hm2-7i90-stepper.hal:262: Signal 'bedwear5' can not add
OUT pin 'joint.0.pos-fb', it already has OUT pin 'offset.0.fb-out'

But a search of the whole 700+ LOC can't find it.
oldtimers must be setting in, I can't see the error either. Sob.
It's on line 262, and that is probably right above, in your post.

But what I don't understand is why it is saying that joint.0.pos-fb
is an OUT pin, as as far as I can tell no such pin exists.
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man9/motion.9.html
There _is_ an OUT pin that reports the position feedback with motor
offsets removed: joint.N.joint−pos−fb OUT FLOAT

Your HAL, though, needs to have:

net bedwear2    <=      joint.0.motor-pos-cmd         => offset.0.in
# cmd from motion
#this is corrected command to x axis
net bedwear3    <=      offset.0.out            =>
hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.stepgen.03.position-cmd
# thats command, now fix the offset feedback back to motion
net bedwear4    <=
hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).0.stepgen.03.position-fb => offset.0.fb-in
net bedwear5    <=      offset.0.fb-out         =>
joint.0.motor-pos-fb      X-axis-track.in
So the missing word was "motor". Fixing thar led to a duplicate error,
elsewhere in the file, and fixing that makes it run.  But now I've a
couple chops in the skillet and the rest of dinner laid out for the
microwave, so it will be after dinner before I get a chance to check
it.

One thing is bothering me about the halmeter readings from
lincurve.0.out though they look as if they've been subjected to a
large multipier, 1000 x or so and the max programmed is .x-val-01 is
0.0065", mainly to test the polarity of the corrections.
After getting us outside of dinner...

Next chapter; following Z motion for lincurve.0.in.
halcode:
# lincurve needs an input
net bedwear0 <= hm2_[HOSTMOT2]BOARD).0.stepgen.03.position-fb =>
joint.1.motor-pos-fb
# send the corrected fb to lincurve.0.in
net bedwear1    <=      joint.1.joint-pos-fb    => lincurve.0.in # is supposed
to be Z position

 From man motion: I finally printed me a copy for at the machine reference

joint.N.joint−pos−fb OUT FLOAT
        The joint feedback position. This value is computed from the actual
        motor position minus joint offsets. Useful for machine visualization

joint.1.joint-pos-fb does not exist according to linuxcnc.

My 'Show HAL Configuration' (from AXIS) shows joint.N.pos-fb yet the documentation (man motion) shows joint.N.joint-pos-fb.
The same for pos-cmd...
linuxcnc -l
[...]
./hm2/hm2_7i90.0: registered
./hm2-7i90-stepper.hal:255: Pin 'joint.1.joint-pos-fb' does not exist

The above is from terminal screen

Next? I'd rerun it and look for it with a halmeter, but of course it won't run.

--
atp
lunatics."