thats related to multi spindle, the conversion script seems to be incomplete.
the message about joint-axis is confusing, it just converts the spindle names.
rename the pins to halui.spindle.0.whatever
if you depend on spindle-at-speed, dont update, as that is currently broken...

http://linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man1/halui.1.html#PINS