вт, 6 лист. 2018 о 00:15 andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com> пише:

> Maybe not entirely fair to call it spam, but DMM just sent me an email
> announcing that they now offer two type of multi-turn absolute
> encoder.

I purchased their servos long ago, so I also received that.

Proprietary protocol, but at least something is explained.
Interesting if they are potentially compatible with LinuxCNC... We still
don't have an affordable absolute encoder hardware.
I've looked very briefly so I might have missed something. I suppose the
encoder connects to the drive, but can the drive pass the absolute data
further? If the drive just can find the origin, it's not interesting... we
have homing for that.