I’m in the process of converting a small medium-duty table router to work with
a LinuxCNC controller. I am duly impressed that such a wealth of technical
information and such a powerful and robust industrial automation tool should be
available to the public, free of charge. Many thanks to all who make it
possible.

I have completed a working concept of the controller, as in, I had it up and
running and actually cut some parts.

My question is, *should* a controller such as this have an uninterruptible
power supply? If so, what parts of the machine are normally served by a UPS?