I have done quite a lot of maintenance work on various industrial machines. I can't think of even one machine I have worked on that had a UPS fitted. I have seen a few with line conditioning circuitry where they have particularly noisy supply. If power cuts are a regular occurrence I suppose a UPS may be of some benefit but it would have to be big enough to run the whole machine, which is likely to be very expensive.

Linux is pretty tolerant to being powered off without warning and it is very rare to get any form of filesystem corruption from doing so. All of my machines have the computer buried inside and when I am done I simply turn the whole machine off. I've never seen any problems with doing this.

Les