> > I have recently acquired a number of motors and one robot. A bit
> battered.
> > But I only have a few of the servo drives loose, SGDR-SDA140A01BY22 and
> > SGDR-SDA060A018. No controller box.
> >
> > Do you have detailed info on driving these servos? I see that that are
> > essentially dumb devices, an H-bridge brick and a number of opto
> isolaters.
> > It probably isn't too difficult to buzz them out, but all info would be
> > useful.
> >

> Are you sure they are "dumb" drives?  These appear to be
> servo-pack drives.
> I worked with some a long time ago, from an earlier series.
> The encoder is proprietary, the AB are normal, but the C
> track looks like the AB, but apparently has a phase shift
> that tells you what quadrant you are in.  The drives
> internally convert the encoder to standard ABZ quadrature
> with index, to send to the controller. There should be a
> serial interface (can be hooked to RS-232 or RS-485) to a
> PC, and use Yaskawa's configuration program.
> Early drives were positioning only or speed only, later
> drives could do either via configuration.
> I set up a SGDP drive to run in both analog +/- 10 V mode
> and step/direction mode through the utility.
>
> Jon

Here are two images. One off the net, and the other is an inside view. I
haven't cleaned the boards yet............
There is a brick mounted on the heatsink, bottom left, and both boards have
no uP, unless there's one inside the brick, which I doubt..

https://ibb.co/3hWYbzg
https://ibb.co/GxFWfZX

So presumably this unit just drives the H bridge and the intelligence is in
another module called the 'converter', which I don't have.

Roland