On Tuesday 14 May 2019 12:51:16 am Mark Johnsen wrote:

> > Not yet, sure looks interesting though. What does the whole kit, bob
> > and pdu shown cost?
> >
> > Maybe it could be our next D525MW but with an spi interface to a
> > 7i90HD?
>
> Amazon shows an availability date of 5/30.
>
> With the onboard Gigabyte ethernet and wifi, you could probably go
> ethernet to a 7i80 ethernet, 7i92 ethernet, or 7i76e  ethernet card.
>
> The whole enchilada with 2x boards was $108 on the dataloggers site.

I'll have to measure the box I have the pi<->7i90,3x 7i42's in, and see
if I can find room for it.  Since the pi version of LCNC has been thrown
under the bus due to the poor reliability of the odroid that was
building it, I'll have to either start building LCNC from sources, or
change back to something like this to run my Sheldon lathe.  If my other
business takes off, I should be able to do it with something like this.

The 7i90 with its stack of 7i42's works very well, and gives 72 i/o lines
to run the lathe with all on those little green screw terminals, very
handy to wire up. The 7i76e doesn't need the 7i42's for noise
protection, but the d version I put into the 6040 build doesn't have
enough encoders to do what I'm doing with the pi-7i90 combo. I have a
pair of the $20 MPJA dials on the front of the apron for x-z jog drive
since cranks were removed in the conversion, with variable jog per click
set up in my .hal, feeding two of the encoders in the 7i90, but the
7i76e only has one encoder unless I can find a 5i25 file that puts 2
more on the P2 connector, not in used ATM as the 7i76d is handling it
all and still has some i/o left. So I'd better checkout the other two
cards you mentioned to see if duplicate resources are available. I just
did, and the 7i90 is it, no other board or board combo does enough
encoders AND stepgens, I'd like to use the 7i76D, but I'd have to see if
Peter could assemble a PROB_RFX2 file with 2 more encoders on p2. Or has
a daughter card for the 7i76d that would supply the encoders.

How many ethernet ports does it have, the pix aren't that explicit, all
my machines have at least 100Mbit net connections to the world thru my
main router too.  It seems rather a kluge to hit the gigabyte switch in
the garage just to hit another cable coming back to an e-net mesa card
an inch away. If it only has one port, what happens to the connection
latency when there is traffic from the other 3 machines out there now if
such a hookup involving that 8 port switch was done? And what happens if
that switch has to talk to a 100Mb target at the same time. I might have
to upgrade all my net stuff to gigabyte. I think the 2 D525MW's have
gigabyte ports, but the old Dell running the G0704 might be 100Mb. My
net connection is only 10Mb down.  None of that appears to be a problem,
but we aren't controlling heavy machinery with it either.

Thanks Mark, for materiel for future ploting.