Just a quick update.

Installed debian stretch (r13?), all went smooth, installed a backported
kernel (4.19) and ATM am testing various boot options to get latency to
a better value (may even recompile kernel after more research).

So far it looks like it may work with a MESA ethernet card.

Unfortunately it appears the board may have been bought via auction as
excess stock. Another thing the DL website appears to be down when
trying to access OS images & docs. (From Oz anyways)

The Atomic Pi may have been the basis for a robotics project (these
tidbits I got from the Atomic Pi reddit page).