Hi all;

For once I'm writing to say thanks to the developers for making the homing sequence quite flexible. .

As I get older I tend to use the KISS principle more and more. I'm chasing Gene down the path: just 3 years younger and still kicking.

Specifically, I use a cheap laser diode  and move manually  or jog to preposition the X and Y to a specific place. I mounted a tab on the right lower side of the table and adjust position so there is a small penumbra around a hole in the tab. Kick off homing and it finds the index and then proceeds to the predetermined offsets. Works a charm. For  Z I adjust manually to a given point and just kick it off.  It probably doesn't make much difference anyway since one always touches off to the top of the work. Just have to make certain I have enough distance between z max and work plane to back off. :-)

Dave

ps. the diode spot is about .125" so low power density.