Jon,

Machinekit has done some very nice things. Where they fall down is they seem to
have no stable release model. It seems that anybody can change anything and
there is no fallback to a stable release.

I tried to build Machinekit for the RockPro64 and I ran into changes several
months old that had broken the system but were undiscovered. The “developers”
were running on their own systems that compiled and ran without testing the
current branch. But, there was no way I could find for someone else to check
out a system that compiled and ran.

Eventually I was able to fix the problems and compile, but, it left me
wondering about the whole system.

Alan