Hi Jon,

Unfortunately not.  The signal was wired in hardware so the enable on the level
translation devices was shut off when the switch was closed to ground.  So a NO
switch would close signalling not only a limit condition but also shutting off
all the drivers.

A NC switch would never allow step pulses out.
John Dammeyer