The wiki for this is out of date.
http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ModIO

First of course the folder linkages should now read linuxcnc rather than EMC2.

Also the document states:

Both Driver Directories Need
    modbus.c
    modbus.h
    findbindir
    find-libdir
    find-modinc

But the linked folders to download these are either broken or wrong.

The driver code homann_modio.c is also missing LCD support so that needs to be
finished.

Since I have a ModIO, an MPG Encoder wheel and a cheap 4x20 line display
somewhere on route from China I'd like to take a stab at making it work on
LinuxCNC.

Clearly the make files also need to be edited to fix path and filenames like:
    emc/usr_intf/axis emc/usr_intf/touchy emc/usr_intf/stepconf
emc/usr_intf/pncconf \

Or has this all been done already by someone?

Thanks
John